Rollover accidents can result in devastating injuries and property damage. In California, understanding the causes, injuries, and legal options associated with these accidents is crucial for victims seeking justice. Our rollover crash attorneys at Ray Padilla Law APC explain more about these types of crashes and their impact on a personal injury claim.
What Causes Rollover Accidents?
- Vehicle design and stability issues
- Tripping hazards on the road
- High-speed collisions and loss of control
- Tire blowouts and faulty vehicle maintenance
- Adverse weather conditions and hazardous road conditions
While most people assume that a rollover crash is caused by a collision, approximately 85% of deadly rollover crashes only involve one vehicle. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately 95% of all rollovers occur when the vehicle slides sideways and then is ‘tripped’ by an object, such as hitting a guardrail, fence, or tree. The other 5% of rollovers occur from driving at a high-speed and maneuvering the vehicle quickly (overcorrecting) to avoid a crash.
There are many different components that can create a perfect storm for a rollover accident to occur. Many of which are through no fault of the driver of the vehicle. From the conditions of the roads themselves to other negligent drivers, rollover crashes can happen to even the most careful drivers.
Common Injuries Resulting from Rollover Accidents:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) and concussions
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Broken bones and fractures
- Internal organ damage
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Lacerations, bruises, and abrasions
- Emotional trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Vehicles are much safer today than in the past, so rollover crash deaths have declined in recent decades. However, due to the nature of the crashes, rollover accidents still account for one third of fatalities on the highway.
Rollover accidents can have life-altering consequences, and victims deserve to seek justice and fair compensation for their injuries and losses. If you or a loved one has been involved in a rollover accident in California through no fault of your own, consulting an experienced car accident lawyer can help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights. Our law office is ready to help, contact Ray Padilla Law, APC today at (619) 431-1187 (San Diego) to speak with Attorney Ray Padilla directly. Please call even if it’s simply to ask, “what should I do?”